The holidays are here ready or not, and it can seem overwhelming – shopping, greeting cards, baking cookies, decorating, parties… How can you survive the stress, get everything ready, and still make the holidays memorable? Here are a few tips to help make this holiday a little easier:
- Make A Plan: Having a get-together? Write down the full menu, and include everything from the main course to specialty drinks and dessert. Another tip is to plan your menu around a single star item, then add other dishes that are easy to make or can be prepped ahead of time.
- Don’t Over-Commit: there are parties, events, dinners and invitations galore! Make sure to take time for yourself during the Holidays. Setting aside an evening for just you and your family can help you feel refreshed and relaxed.
- Keep Active: Stick to your exercise program. You’ll feel better by keeping active, especially when facing the holiday goodies.
- Give Back: Volunteering your time to help others at a local hospital, shelter or non-profit is a great way to lift your spirits. Many people are struggling during the holidays and we can help by getting involved and giving time to others, you’ll get a bigger gift in return!
- Bring Nature In: Decorate with natural things this year. Use fresh holly, bowls of pine cones, and fresh garland to make your home festive and beautiful.
- Get Others Involved: Let the kids help out with baking holiday goodies, and decorating the tree is a great time for family bonding. If you’re planning a dinner, consider having it potluck style. The more the merrier and it will take some stress off your plate.
This really is a magical time of year! Don’t worry if something doesn’t go exactly as planned, it will make a fun story to tell around the fire next year. From everyone at Lockridge, we wish you and your family a joyous and peaceful Holiday Season!
Lockridge is an on-your-own-land new home builder in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Georgia. (see all our Model Home Centers). We offer a full service website that allows you to choose floor plans, get complete price quotes, get prequalified for a mortgage, and more. For more information visit our website or email us.